Getting My Sexy Back

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A slightly new course . . . tweaking

As mentioned in an earlier post, I purchased "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle", to learn more about fat loss and to help me get beyond this stagnation phase. Lately, I've not had any energy to work out and it's been a struggle to get in the minimum four work outs - last week I got two sessions in (not good). So, I've figured out a couple of things, I need more calories, with frequent meals (five) and more cardio. I've been looking for a solution for about three weeks now and hopefully this new plan will get me out of the rut. I'm holding steady at 146 but would love to drop 8 lbs by March 31st (adjusted from 12lbs. based on new information).

Oh, I learned another important tip from BFFM about goal setting, it's really important to set clear, measurable goals, short and long term with individual action steps to get you from point A to point B. I know the last threee weeks have not be productive in dropping lbs and I wasn't sure why I wasn't progressing, well in addition to too low calories and low energy, I need a better step by step plan to move me forward. I do believe in tweaking my fat loss plan I can get back on the loosing streak.

That's all for now . . . I was thinking of getting a few friends to start a weight loss competition, maybe that will motivate me and others to get moving. I'm also thinking of Weight Watchers as another tool to get more structure into this program. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

layla said...

hi julie,
i believe you might be eating too little. I have a few suggestions-increase your calories gradually for two weeks while eating clean. concentrate on interval training and weights- leave out cardio for the time being if you're currently doing lots of that. relax, take it easy and don't stress. take long brisk walks if you don't feel up to the interval training but aim to do at least 1-2 weekly for a start. you can try staggering your calories after two weeks. these strategies seem to be working for me. it has been a rather frustrating process, but i've been dropping weight consistently for the past 3 weeks and I see a downward trend for this week too, although i shall not count my chickens before they hatch! keep it up julie, it takes trial and error but once you find what works for you, it honestly feels so rewarding.
-layla-

Julie said...

Thanks Layla for posting, I am going to try your techniques.