Getting My Sexy Back

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Still in it to win it

I've been quiet on the blog lately but that's because I've been busy researching new ways to achieve my goals.

A couple days ago I was searching for a new workout dvd and I stumbled onto Cathe Freidrich's blog. I saw lots of good dvds and some great success stories but in one woman's story she mentioned "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle". I'm sure quite a few of you have heard about it . . . anyway I spent the $40 and got the book - it is one of the best reads ever, there is so much useful information about fat loss. For example, lately I've been frustrated because the lbs are not coming off they're hovering around 145 without a real downward direction, so Burn the Fat speaks about people with my body type having to do quite a bit of cardio to get things moving. Duh, hello - I've got to get cracking on cardio and it's not like I didn't know I need to do fair amounts of cardio but seeing this information in black and white and also supporting reasons sort of brought the idea home.

Well folks, here I go again, I have a birthday at the end of March and I would like to lose 12 lbs by that date . My long term goal still remains 25 lbs by Memorial Day.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Geoff said...

I've read BFFM. Tom Venuto definitely knows what he's talking about, and the whole goal-setting concept he promotes in the book helped me to lay out achievable goals, which have been a big help. The exercise stuff I found a bit less helpful, but the diet info was great. All in all a good read. Glad you're getting back into it :)

Ripx180 said...

glad to see post out of you. I think even though I am a guy I have the same needs to loose weight (cardio). I just don't naturally carry allot of muscle, even when I worked out really hard in the past.