Getting My Sexy Back

Friday, January 11, 2008

Hallelujah!

My scale has finally moved, well one scale says 145 and the other says 146 . . . guess which one I'm going with?

I have been trying HIIT from the Turbulence training manual and eating clean so it's beginning to show on the scale - talk about motivation. HIITs are intense, yesterday for the first time I did 6.0, 6.1, 6.5 on my treadmill at various intervals, for the most part I couldn't sustain that level for a full two minutes, but you know what - I have never ever ran at that intensity, never. I feel like I'm challenging myself more to really crank up those intervals, after all they only last 2 minutes!

Well, I have another factor to motivate me, one of my friends is trying to get tickets for me to attend the NBA All Star Basketball game in five weeks and if it pans out I'm going to have to wear jeans - I presently don't own a pair but wouldn't it be sweet to rock something hot for that weekend? I hope the tickets come through but in the meantime I'm pushing forward, I may even break my January goal of seven pounds!

Tomorrow I pick up 15 lb dumbells to add to my growing weight collection, I'm excited!

No comments: