Getting My Sexy Back

Sunday, January 6, 2008

I am back

Hello everyone,

I am back in the States and so far, I'm not doing too well. I'm going through a detox phase this weekend but it's not going as well as I wanted. I guess I just have to work my way back into a routine.

I'm trying to flush my system from all the vacation "junk" I consumed. The scale wasn't too kind, I logged a five pound increase but I know those lbs also reflect other factors that are unique to women. I'll weigh again on Friday and that should give me a more accurate reading.

I'm still planning to lose 7lbs this month so I better get my ass moving.

I've scheduled two days for weight training (full body) and two days for interval training w/weights (for a total of four weight training days) and Sunday as a rest day. My plan also includes HIIT and/or some type of cardio (for 30 minutes) Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning. Does anyone have a HIIT routine that they love and is willing to share? So far, I'm into intervals on the treadmill and jumping rope but I would like more structure.

I'm starting a new eating program . . . fish, tofu, veggies, lots of water, protein shakes, fish oil, multi-vitamin, fruit (low glycemic), reduced sodium, I'll do this for January and see how things work and if I need to make any modifications.

I recently read an interview on Turbulence Training site, which says the most important factor in fat loss is nutrition; I agree. I'm taking my journey very seriously and trying to load up with the right fuel.

I'm curious to find out what everyone else is doing so feel free to chime in whenever.

I'm out for now, gotta study.

Julie

No comments: