Getting My Sexy Back

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm not throwing in the towel

In case anyone is wondering, oh where's Julie, did she ditch her quest in a moment of weakness for french fries, chocolate and extremely spicy, salty food - not at all. I'm struggling but I'm still here and I'm trying to re-group. I started reading an interview with Dax Moy on TT's website - damn good piece on goal setting and working towards achievement.

I'll acknowledge that I hit a speed bump (and spun around and maybe even rolled off to the side) but I am clawing back. I have come too far to go back to where I was last year. I love the way I feel now, the way I don't have to struggle to run up or down stairs in Port Authority or the NYC subway. I love that strong, confident feeling and I absolutely don't want to return to the fat hideout - I've been there and done that successfully for five or so years. So what do I do going forward, where have I stumbled, why and how do I remedy this situation?

1) Accept that this has happened to the most successful fat-loss conquerors.
2) Access the damage, try to figure out the root cause of the mishap (trouble-shoot)
3) Set a course to move forward with a solution in hand
4) Keep drinking that water - ha, this helps believe me

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi, Julie. Sounds like we're pretty similar in where we are right now. Sorry I haven't been around much, commenting and such. Sounds like you've got it all under control. Good luck with everything. We're going to do BIG things.

Rob Tucker said...

Hey Julie - found you on Melissa's blog roll.

1) Accept that this has happened to the most successful fat-loss conquerors.
2) Access the damage, try to figure out the root cause of the mishap (trouble-shoot)


A truer statement has never been spoken (or typed). This isn't easy - the reason the successful people are successful is because they FOUGHT THROUGH those hard times, and didn't accept failure.

Remember, if you don't give up, you can't quit. I'll be rooting you on!